• Emphasis in the materials is on how to properly collect data so that the information gathered is able to detect fundamental machinery problems.
• Everyday measurement pitfalls are explained, along with their effect on machine problem diagnoses and how it is critical to the evaluation of problem severity.
• Basic vibration theory is provided along with examples to allow the reader to get hands-on training which is required to fully demonstrate proper data collection.
• Database setup is introduced along with the route building, loading and unloading of data collectors.
• Simulated data collection is performed in the seminar by each student using a motor demonstrator to clearly illustrate the methods shown.