• This ISO Category II (Analysis I) reference book provides the information essential for implementation of a successful program and does so in a generic (non-vendor specific) manner.
• A section of the book deals with how to detect a series of fundamental machinery problems using portions of our world renown "Illustrated Vibration Diagnostics Chart" that covers...
◦ rotor eccentricity
◦ mechanical looseness
◦ belt drive problems
◦ soft foot problems using both spectral and phase analysis.
• Introductory information for detection of resonance, rolling element bearing, gear, flow related and electrical problems is also provided.
• A tabulated procedure, "How to specify meaningful overall and spectral band alarms for a variety of machinery types and operating speeds," is provided to clearly show how to specify...
◦ alarm levels
◦ the beginning and ending frequencies for each of the available spectral alarm bands
◦ recommended frequency range, #FFT lines, number of averages and proper vibration parameter for each point, taking into account the machine type, its components and operating speed range.
• A method is discussed on how to set up an effective vibration analysis program using real-world case histories to clearly illustrate the diagnostic methods taught.
• Real-world case histories are also included to illustrate how such diagnostic techniques were used to detect and resolve the problems which were plaguing each of the machines and, in some cases, how the "root cause" of such problems was uncovered.